Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 08:14:13 -0800
From:
Jennifer Cathey <[log in to unmask]>
To the person who wrote the article about the ferret losing his toe nail:

I know it's a lot to worry about when it happens to you and your ferret,
but try not to let it worry you.  Obviously your ferret has forgotten about
it.  My 2 year old male, Moulder, climbed up on his cage about a month ago
and got one of his hind toe nails stuck between the wires, he panicked and
jumped ripping his nail right out.  And of course I panicked.  I did the
same thing you did and by the time I got the first aid kit most of the
bleeding stopped.

After I calmed down, I called my vet.  She said the chance of infection was
slim.  But if it help my peace of mind that I could put neosporin on it,
which I did.  Now since then, it has not affected Moulder at all.  I think
feeling his leg stuck was worse on him.  He cried when he couldn't get his
leg free, but he didn't even flinch or peep when he ripped his nail out.

Last night doing nails I noticed that Moulder a some of his nail growing
back.  I am assuming that all of the nail didn't get ripped out.  So if
yours still has some of his nail the possibility is good that some or all
of it might grow back.  Only time will tell though, because I examined
Moulder's toe and thought that the whole nail was gone.  If all the nail is
gone, I'm assuming that the nail will not grow back.  It would be like
de-clawing a cat.  Remove the whole nail and there is nothing to grow back.

I hope that helps you a little.  Just remember it doesn't seem to bother
your ferret, don't let it get to you.

Jennifer and Moulder