Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:05:42 -0600
From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
I recently rescued a ferret from a guy who had abused, neglected and fed
her the wrong food.  This little girl is a 2 year old, MF, sable.  She is
very malnourished and has very little muscle mass (probably had no play
time, she doesn't know what toys are).  Anyways, she has been pigging out
on Totally Ferret and has gained some weight.  When I got her, she had very
coarse hair and I noticed the hair on her tail was extremely thinning and
almost gone on the end.

Do you think the hair loss is due to malnutrition?  Her last exam on her
vet records was in September of this year and the vet signed off an "okay
physical".  I can't believe the vet didn't question the condition of her.
I don't know much else on her past because the guy has split and I don't
know where he is.  He left the ferret to his ex-girlfriend but I can't seem
to get a hold of her.  Also, as far as I know, she was an only ferret for 2
years.  I know mine are just anxious to get at her, so they are kept caged
separately, get separate play times and blankets are exchanged for them to
get used to her - but they all want at her.  Any suggestions on how to
introduce my four to her?  My one ferret got a hold of her and it of course
scared the poop right out her, she shook for 10 minutes in my arms, I just
held her to comfort her and then she was fine.  They normally are kept in
separate rooms.  I'm not going to be introducing her to any of mine for
now - she is still getting the trust of people back slowly.  But I would
like her to get used to other ferrets any suggestions or comments?  She
is the sweetest little thing - doesn't bite and likes to be held.  Thanks!

Tracy N.
Tango, Chico, Roo and Pepe'  and now Spunky (who will be up for adoption
as soon as she is a little bit stronger and socialized or to the right
person who has the patience to work with her).