From:
Sherry Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:57:24 -0500
Lol, Megan, I found out a good trick with the cage top, when you set it
down......try putting newspaper on the floor where it will go.  I must
admit, I thought of that one first, but I also have to add that I didn't
realize that when some of the clamps that are in the middle of the channel
were more bothersome than helpful and I took it out, that that left a small
hole in the channel.....guess who had ferret pee-pee all over the carpet
all under the cage???  So, now we also have plastic sheeting under the
cage.  What we've also done to eliminate the channel problem is get some
vinyl remenants (linoleum?) and cut a piece large enough to go up the sides
of the base a bit, then set the caging inside of that.  And the linoleum is
*much* easier to scrub off poopies from than the base.  We just pick it up
and go into the back yard, and spray it, and then use a brush and some
cleaner to get it nice and clean again.  Of course, life would be much
simpler if Dessie would just do his business in the litter box....but then
he'd have nothing to snorkle through and throw all over the cage <sigh>.
Just be careful, the bottom of the caging will still get kinda crusty with
the linoleum (just keep lots of newspaper on hand).

Happy Dooking, and glad to hear that your little ferret family is doing
so well!

Lots of positive thoughts going out to all the ferrets and their owners,
with special prayers to the sick and the bereaved.

Sherry
Chumba (who wants to snorkel???? I want socks!!!!!)
Dessie (snorkel, snorkel, snorkel......co'mere, Mom, and give me a kiss)
<yech>

--
http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/pier/8102/ Meet my fuzzy family!