From:
"Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:43:14 -0800
I knew it was going to happen.  I really did.  I've been having dreams of
ferrets the last few days.  Seriously.  Math has struck.

I'm the proud new mom of one of Jesse's foster ferrets.  I roadtripped down
there today with Grover and Onyx, and after some playtime, we decided to
try to bring Gabe home and add him to our business.  Gabe's a 2.5yo MF
silver mitt gib, and bigger than either of my two!

He's such a sweetheart.  So far, so good.  They all rode in the same
carrier home (over 2 hrs) without any fuss at all.  (I did bring a 2nd
carrier just in case, but it turned out to be unnecessary.) They had a few
hours playtime to unwind when we got back, and I just tucked'em all in a
short while ago.

Gabe and Grover tussled for a while at one point, but there was no
screaming or pooping, just little squeaks and grunts, they seemed like they
were just having fun.  Grover managed to hold his own even though he's
still underweight.  I've seen him wrestle with Onyx, briefly, but this went
on for far longer.  I guess it must be a boy thing <g>.

Anyhow, I'm very psyched, and both Grover and Onyx seem happy, and Gabe
seems to enjoy them too, so far.  Wish me luck!  And thank you, thank you,
Jesse!

(WA-state) Megan, and
    Grover (Cewl, another buddy!)
    Onyx (Betcha can't figure out how I climbed on top of that!!)
    Gabe (*rmmmmmphh!!!* (head buried in a bowl of TF))
    Cinnebar-the-cat (We Are NOT Amused. However...it's better than
            another cat.)
    Missing Sammy-the-straycat -- PLEASE EMAIL ME if you want to adopt him!

p.s.  I just switched Grover from flagyl and pepto to bioxin and carafate.
(Amoxi and pepcid still the same.)  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!  He took the
bioxin without any struggling at *all*.  Same with the carafate.  I
strongly, strongly recommend it to anyone who's coping with helicobacter.
Whew.  No more bright-pink pepto and whippingcream/flagyl spattered all
over my shower curtain!