From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:44:24 -0600
Hi FMLers,
For those who remember, Baby Girl is doing great!!!  Hillary has accepted
the fact that Bill sees Baby Girl.  Still waits outside the hammock for him
to return and has instant war when she can get to Baby Girl.  Leroy just
avoids that.

I have always had a rule that allows no more than 4 ferrets at one time.
Baby Girl presented a problem since she only got along with Bill and that
stressed out Hillary.  I had about accepted the fact that Baby Girl would
be the "Lone Ferret" but really wished that didn't have to be.  God had
Ferret Mary call about 3 weeks ago.  Seems a 10-12 week old chocolate MF
boy was found in Peoria.  Baby Girl instantly went into her "mommie" mode
and has taught "Hershey" to (mostly) use the litter pan, etc.  They are
even sleeping together.  God does answer.

That broke the rule.

Yesterday morning Ursula from my friend Charlie's store called and asked me
to come there.  Some one left them a gift.  Charlie has had animals left
there before and always finds homes for them.  He is a good person.  I
expected to see a ferret, and suggest what they should do with it.  I was
unprepared for the saddest looking emaciated liitle skeleton with white fur
covering it I've seen since my beloved little Garrett went to the Bridge.
After reading the following note which was left with him, please ask your
greater power to help me nurse this baby back to health.  He needs every
bit of help he can get.

"To whom it may concern:
Please find a home for our ferrit.  He bacame very ill after his mate died
(heart problems).  He stopped eating + needs lots of attention that my
husband + I can not give him (we both work alot of hours.)  We didn't want
to take him to the pound, because they would put him to sleep!  Please find
him a loving home!

He's very playful + lovey!!!

We have been feeding him Cheerios, because he wasn't eating his own food
(He always ate dog food since we got him)

Keep the dog carrier + give it to the family who wants him!

Thank You

P.S. He has had all his shots + neutered"

He can staggeringly walk.  But he's alert and loves Ferretone and Nutrical.
He's eating Turkey baby food (slightly warmed) with crushed up Totally
Ferret in it.  I don't want to overload his system so I'm leaving him a
little hungry but he has regular Totally Ferret if he wants.  He's pooping
good this morning and drinking.  Since God has given him the desire to
live, maybe I can give him the nutrition he hasn't had.  Pray for this
little un-named boy.  If I give him a name I won't be able to let him go
when he's better.

Probably won't anyway.

Give yours a hug for soft hearted (headed?)
John in Pekin, IL