Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 23:13:50 -0600
I know I posted earlier, but this little ditty needs its own letter.  I've
had the most utterly embarassing thing happen to me at the hands (paws) of
my precious little Dervish.

This morning I was in the kitchen in my pajamas (a cut-off T-shirt and
really loose flannel pj bottoms...this is important to know later on) as
Dervish ran around for her first playtime of the day.  I was waiting for
maintenance to fix a drip we have in the kitchen.  When the maintenance guy
came, I was standing in the kitchen, drinking my tea and watching him
tinker under the sink (no holes exist in the cupboards or cabinets, don't
worry).  Dervish seemed more excited than usual, most likely due to the big
sweaty man under the sink.  And just as he finished up and emerged from
under the sink, Dervish (who had been pawing at my pj bottoms to get me to
play) took a straight vertical leap, latched on to my pjs, and pulled the
whole works down to my ankles with her weight.  Of course, the maintenance
guy didn't realize that a small furry creature had pulled down my pants, as
Dervish had vanished by that point; he just knew that all of a sudden, I
was only wearing half my clothes!  (What a morning to be wearing pink
panties!!  Argh!!)

He stammered something about the sink being done as I tried to explain the
situation while redressing my lower half, and he sort of backed out of the
apartment without taking his eyes off me.  I hope to goodness I never need
maintenance here again!!

My little fuzzy weinerschnitzel seemed quite amused; I swear she was
laughing at me.  All I can say is that her timing is consistently
impeccable with all the mischief she pulls.  I guess now I'll have at least
two good stories to tell my grandkids: how I got my first ferret, and the
time my first ferret exposed me in front of the maintenance man.  :-)

-(TX) Meghan the Mad Flasher and Dervish ("Now we know who wears the pants
in this family!!")