From:
Kaycie Silver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:07:51 EDT
Hi,

I am a little nervous about my 2 babies: Maggie and Spanky.  Just before, I
was on the phone when I heard a series of sneezes, I always ignore sneezes
because what ferret doesn't sneeze?  However, this time it was different,
after the sneezes stopped I heard I gasp, wheeze and a screach....I was
frantic, dropped the phone and ran over to Spanky to see what happend.
When I got to the closet, he was laying there with his mouth opened looking
at me, the only way I can explain this is by saying that he was holding his
breath.  I picked him up blew in his face which startled him and he started
to breathe.  NOW WHAT COULD THAT BE FROM?????  I am keeping a very close
eye on him.  What's even wierder is that when I put him down, he ran off
like nothing ever happend, Dooking and dancing.  I know that at times I
tend to be a little overly concerned but I think that something happend
there.  Does anyone have a clue?  I know that I don't.

One more thing, I promise.  I notice that both ferrets wake up and scratch
themselves for minutes at a time and sometimes wine and make noises.  When
I took them both to the vet (the vet at the time...not my usual vet..long
story) said that Maggie has patches of dry skin.  She recommended using
children's Benadryl to stop the itch.  It may stop the itch but not the
dryness.  I was thinking of putting a tiny bit of baby oil in the bath and
just let them stand in it for a while (ha funny, ferrets standing still in
the bath!!).  Any suggestions?  Oh I also tried this stuff called Refresh:
Deodorizing & Conditioning Spray and it DOES NOT WORK!!

If anything it makes them itch more.

I PROMISE LAST THING, I am not that worried right now but I have noticed
that SOMETIMES when Maggie yawns she kinda gags.  Do you think she could be
on the verge of a blockage?  I'm thinking that because she's always
scratching and biting her fur, she might have a hair ball.  Her stool is
normal though and she is eating normal as well.

If you can help me I would REALLLY appreciate it.  Preferably by e-mail
because I am soooooo behind with this FML.

I want to offer my deepest sympathy to those who have lost a fuzzy.  It's
very depressing to lose the ones that are close to you

--Kaycie--
Spanky & Maggie (I CAN'T STOP ITCHING!!)
Smokie (Mommy I miss you, but it's great to have a cage all to myself this
week!)
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2601