From:
Michelle White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:20:26 EDT
Hello everyone-
I've seen an ad for Parrots of the World in Modern Ferret magazine, and
they have the long-haired ferrets pictured in the ad.  I think they cost
$400+ shipping from Denmark.  Also, they were mentioned in the new Critters
annual magazine, but not favorably.  The article was actually about
different colors of ferrets, with a section at the end about angora ferrets
that said they were a cross between a domestic ferret and "the European
fitch", whatever that is.  The article quoted a ferret show judge as saying
that the angora ferrets weren't proportioned correctly (for a show ferret)
and mentioned that their personalities aren't so great, either.  What a
slam!

I'm just reporting what I've read, I have no idea if this is completely
accurate or not.  I'm hoping someone else will have something more
encouraging to say.  Doesn't anyone on the list own one of these guys?

Michelle, mommy to Trace & the Muddler