From:
Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:44:07 -0600
Hello, all.

One of the elderly matron dogs of the house had a recent health setback; she
seems to be doing better a couple days in the hospital -- she arrived back
today (although I'm not sure they didn't slip her a doggy downer while she
was there; she's awfully sedate). Anyway, this poodle is 14 years-old and
she was treated for pancreatitis. I'm not the one responsible for the dog,
so I don't really know the details, but I could find out.

My question for the knowledgeable is this: can Baldrick, our 11 week-old
ferret, catch this illness? I'm not even sure if it's contagious, or even
exactly what pancreatitis is (I'm assuming it's an inflammation of the
pancreas). If there is some danger, please advise on precautions.

Looks like it's getting to be time for Baldrick's first nail clipping! What
fun, what fun. We're waiting for him to enter a somnabulent state; at the
moment he's bouncing around the room like a kernel inside a popcorn
popper -- not an ideal time to start waving sharp objects about.

-Brandon
+ Baldrick (who discovered today that the fact that Ivory soap is 99 44/100%
pure means it tastes GREAT! ... And also humans are mean, for not letting
him eat it.)

Salt Lake City, UT