From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:13:55 EDT
Hey Todd,

I had to laugh at Todd's Coca-Cola story, 'cause I had a ferret who was
ADDICTED to Dr. Pepper.  Spazmalda was my first ferret and I didn't really
know what was and was not recommended for ferrets at the time, so I used to
let her drink a little Dr. Pepper out of my glass when I was done.  She
quickly became a total addict!  I finally realized that it probably wasn't
good for her to drink so much soda so I cut her off cold turkey.

She was MAD!  Whenever I would she would hear a soda bottle crack open she
would come running and hop around my feet hissing and dooking.  When she
realized she wasn't going to get any she would get frantic.  I felt so bad
for her, I know how I am if I if I don't get my caffeine.  She even got
very adept at purposfully spilling cups that were left on the coffee table.
I had some carpet coasters and if they were too close to the edge of the
table all she had to do was get one claw hooked in them and down they went,
and frantic carpet sucking ensued.  I finally got her unhooked (it took
about a month and she was a complete @#&*% the whole time) and allowed her
a little bit of Dr. Pepper very infrequently.

Leigh and Fargo, Fonzi, Kami, and Moon Boy