From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 18:09:30 -0500
We were on vacation for a week after going to Virginia and picking up
ferrets, and then meeting Matthew from Dallas in Little Rock to send some
to him, so haven't had a chance to post about our visit to Killians.
Visiting Killians is a highly recommended activity for all ferret lovers!
(Just make sure you allow LOTS of time!) They have exceptionally cute
ferrets, obviously well loved and cared for.  We arrived just in time for a
round of water bottle refilling!  Bill can confirm that I fell in love with
Neville Chamberlain who is a very big and very sweet part-English hob.  It
was a pleasure visiting them, and it's going to be hard letting the ferrets
go that we got from them.

On another topic, we are the FURRY people that Sue Savage mentioned in her
post.  FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot Running Round You) is a ferret club and
shelter in St. Louis.  Our phone number is 314-638-5756, or you can
reach us by e-mail.  The shelter is in our house, so we do everything by
appointment.  We will be at the local Petco on Gravois in Affton on
Saturday, Sept. 19, from 11-7, if you want to stop by and meet some of the
cute fuzzbutts looking for new homes.  This Petco, by the way, is a very
good one.  The manager will not sell ferrets, has given us all of her
ferret supplies, and wants the shelter there every month.  I know there has
been a lot of Petco bashing on this list and wanted to point out that there
are good ones as well as bad.

Sara and Kurt Petersen
FURRY