Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:43:14 -0800
>From:    Sam <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Breeding hazards
>I was abruptly reminded last night of why I tend to discourage people
>from breeding.

Hi
I have to agree with Sam, breeding ferrets is not away to make quick cash.
A good year is a year that you are actually able to pay the vet bill.
There is food, housing, and the time and care it takes to wean kits.  Most
years you do not break even.  I breed because I am devoted to my ferrets,
I want to provide healthy, happy kits for other people to enjoy.

I am surprised at how many people who have never owned a ferret contact me
inquiring about purchaseing breeding pairs.  They seem to think (as one man
put it)

"You simply stick 'em together and let nature take it's course" NOT!!!  It
takes time, love, and money.  LOTS of money!!  So be happy with your
snuggly pet ferret, get them fixed and stay happy!

                              Mia