From:
Ellie Beerendonk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:42:42 +0200
Hi everybody.

Dear Josephine,
I was really moved to tears when I read your post about having to let go of
your ferrets.  I live a bit to far away (Netherlands) to be of a lot of
help, but I can send $ 10.- to you.  If people on the F.M.L. could also
send you something maybe you can keep them.  I belief there are 3000 or so
people on the list, if everyone would send you a dollar you could let them
have surgery.  Have you ever tried to put them in the bathroom when you are
not around to supevise them?  Or in the halway?  Maybe that is a solution
to your other problem.  Mail me private if you want to take me up on my
offer.  And whatever you do or will happen, remember there are people
thinking of you.

Hello Barbara.
For what it's worth, I donn't think you can blame yourself for your ferret
missing.  I do hope you will find him again.  There are bigger animals and
even childeren escaping from their homes.  I think it is what they are
designed to do.

Hi Meghan.
No, there is absolutely nothing wrong whith having so much pictures of
Dervish.  It would be a tiny bit funny if you would hang them all on the
wall, but only to none ferret people.

Hi Leigh.
Maybe you can contact the company's that buy the stuff from the
manufacturers.  Who knows, maybe there is in one of those company's a
ferret person.  I think they do exist outside the F.M.L.

I cannot find the posting about the ferret namebook.  But I hope that there
is a possibility to order it from the Netherlands.  I also have a name in
old Egyptian.  Iktis = ferret.  I have named a little babyferret that name.
His sister I have named Skylen.  I liked the sound of it although it is not
Dutch.  They were dumped at the petstore that belongs to my friend and it
was quite obvious that they were to small to suvive on their own.  I wanted
to have a female ferret, so I took them both in and they will stay together
untill they are strong enough to survive on themselves in this sometimes
bad world.  After that, Iktis will go to another lady who wanted a mail
ferret.  (That is what we have decided.  I don't know if Iktis will leave.)
Twice a day they are fed ducksoup and for the rest they can have as much
soaked ferretfood as they want.  Skylen has grown 18 grams from sunday till
monday and Iktis growth was 20 grams.  I think they are doing well.  They
are cute and adorable, but sometimes I still feel the hurt that came over
me when I saw them for the first time.  They were so tiny.  I am not a
violent person, but I would very much like to speak to that person who did
this, for 3 minutes in a remote corner of a street.

My own ferrets are doing very well.  Sharky who wanted to bite me the
first days he was here, really believes that he is allowed to stay and has
stopped biting.  Timo and he are having quarrels about who is boss.  I am
affraid they have to fight this one out themselves.