From:
Suzannah Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:04:57 -0600
My best friend and I are starting a service for northern Colorado.  We want
to help as much as possible so we decided to start a service to help
ferrets find *fantastic* homes.  Our plan is to network as much as possible
from around Fort Collins to Westminster.  We hope to do this by passing out
business cards and information brochures at pet stores, humane societies
and vets offices.  Hopefully we can find people who are interested in
adopting ferrets and hook them up with the people who need to find their
babies new homes.  Finding ferrets is no problem, we already have three we
are trying to place.  Another main goal of our service will be to EDUCATE
ferret owners about the care their pets deserve.  Nether one of us claim to
be ferret experts but we both have a fair amount of knowledge and we know
where to find help.  Our vet has volunteered to help us out and he is a
great ferret vet.  We plan to make up info packets to pass out and even
give talks on nail clipping ear cleaning , proper nutrition etc.  We hope
that this will some day lead to a north Colorado ferret club.  I'm so
excited I've rambled on about our plans.  Do you have any ideas or
suggestions that will help us find potential ferret owners?  I would also
love to hear from anyone in our area who would like to be a part of our
effort.  If anyone out there is looking to adopt please get in touch with
me.  Please let your friends and family know so we can start networking.

A bit of good news: I recently noticed a local pet store, that usually
sells ferrets, didn't have any for a couple of months.  I asked them about
it and they said that the last group of ferrets didn't sell very quickly so
from now on they will have fewer ferrets in the store.  It's starting to
work!  If sales slack off even more maybe they will quit selling ferrets
altogether.  Wouldn't that be great!

Suzannah