From:
Anna Curry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:20:22 -0400
Congratulations!!!!  No one should be denied the love and affection of your
little fuzzy for any reason and God bless your Fairy Godmother.  I noticed
you mentioned "Teenie Beanie Babies".  Since you are a new Mom I would like
to share my experience with you that I had with Beanie Babies.  Although
they seem like great toys they in fact are not.  If you really feel a
Beanie Baby you will feel little hard things.  Beanie Babies are filled
with very small plastic oval balls.  Big enough to chock your kit if she
rips a small hole in it and it can clog the intestines if swallowed which
could be deadly.  You may want to re-think letting her play with this.
Also be sure not to replace with anything rubbery that she can bit off and
swallow.  This can also block her intestines.  To fix your door go to a
hardware store that sells wood trim.  I don't know what they call it (Belle
and Tigger's Dad got it) but it is about 1/2 wide and a 1/4 high.  Take the
door off the hinges and use very small nails or tacks so not to crack the
trim and take up the extra space so your baby can't get loose and get
herself into danger.  This is how I keep my babies from getting under my
sofa.  Remember kits will try anything, they have no fear so supervise her
to see where she wants to go and ferret proof it so she doesn't get hurt.
You may also want to think about an emergency vet account.  After you pay
back your Fairy Godmother and get all of her shots try to put away $5 or
$10 on a regular basis to cover those emergency visits to the vet.

Good luck and use the FML for guidance if you are not sure about
something...Anna, Belle & Tigger, [log in to unmask], Maryland