From:
Carol Vee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 00:13:08 EDT
It is now 11:00 pm, we have had about 4 inches of rain in 6 hours.  I drove
past the ferrets left outside in a cage and they were still in the cage.
There was no cover for them at all.  I stopped on the side of the rode
while my son ran up to the cage and he said their hammock was full water,
both ferrets were walking around the wire cage soaked with rain water.  I
drove home crying and don't know what to do.  I watched the weather and we
are not expecting any more rain.  Please, any suggestions?

Tonight I watched David Letterman and he thought it would be real cute to
water the weasel!  A camera man took a blanket off a sable ferrets cage and
started pouring water all over the ferret.  I am going to try to find the
web site for the show and e-mail with my disgust with the way he treated
that poor ferret.  The ferret was trying to get away from the water, but of
course he was in a cage and unable to hide!  No animal should be treated
like that.

I am going to think about what I should do tomorrow and will keep you
posted.  I want to tell everyone that lost a ferret today that I am
thinking and praying for you.  Each sorry brought tears to my eyes but I am
unable to e- mail each one of you at this time.

Carol, Oscar and Lilly