From:
Jenna Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 14:46:03 -0700
I just discovered a small scab, about the size of the head of a pin, behind
my ferrets ear.  I didn't find any but that one.  I used to have a rat who
had such scabs, several of them, which apparently he had inflicted upon
himself by violently scratching himself due to dry skin.  I can't figure
out what could have caused this scab though.  Not sure if she did it to
herself or got it from something else.  Is it worth a vet appointment?

I'm planning to take my ferret in for a checkup as soon as I have the
money, but my client told me over the phone last night that it will be
three weeks until he can pay me.  Meanwhile I'm having trouble convincing
my parents and even myself that Kaz (the ferret) really needs a trip that
urgently because she hasn't vomited for about a week now.  She did twice
before, but I'm thinking it may have been a result of her excursions into
the germ-infested bathroom.

I read on a web-page that vomiting can signify that her lungs are filling
with blood, which scares me to death.  But I can't imagine that that's the
only possible cause.  No one has assured me that ferrets simply throw up
from time to time as do most animals, but because she's alert, energetic,
eating and drinking well I find it hard to believe that the cause could be
that serious.

So, do you suppose that my ferret my survive three more weeks until I am
able to afford a checkup?  Anyone who saw her now would think that she was
in perfect health.

Sincerely,
Jenna Leigh

 "The only limit to animation is your imagination.
 After all, how else can you see an elephant fly?"
 ->,the Unoffical Christine Cavanaugh Page!
 http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1932