From:
Yasmin Mughal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:48:45 EDT
Hello,

I have three ferts.  They used to be free roamers in my apartment.  I
recently moved to a house and it isn't safe for them to be out while I am
not home.  I do have a room just for them, but I need some ideas on how to
make interesting.  I put their toys in their, but they are not really
interested in them.  They just dig at the carpet wanting out.  I really
need some ideas on how to keep them stimulated.  I do plan on getting dryer
hose, but if they are their usual selves, they will be bored with it in
about 10 minutes.  Who am I kidding?  Probably 5 minutes.

One other thing.  My boy is totally resistant to using a litter box.  He
will only use it if I am standing over him.  I usually have to put him back
about 3 times.  He will literally try to escape and use a boxless corner.
He is quite defiant about it.  This is problematic as I can't even let him
out in the room with the others because it is carpeted.  I have rewarded
him when he does use the box, with a treat.  If I catch him in the act, I
verbally scold him and give him a time out in his carrier.  He is using the
box in the cage with occasional detours to boxless areas.  My other two
practically trained themselves, so this is really frustrating to me.

Thank you in advance for any help .....

Yasmin
Phoebe (I love to kiss, love it, love it, love it)
Persephone (That boy fert has no manners, Mom!)
Juicy! ( I am too lazy to use the box)