From:
Dee Race <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 08:03:58 EDT
At 3:30 a.m. this morning, Animal Planet ran their Pet Line segment.  One
of the callers (Karen is her name) has 12 ferrets and asked about the
standard 'ferrets in the cabinets' problem.  While they were talking to
her, they ran a video of her ferrets out and about war dancing, getting
into the cabinets and just being absolutely precious.  The advice was to
buy cabinet locks at which point Karen added that works but then they
scratch and mar the wood.  I guess I'm fortunate, duct tape on my cabinets
is deterrent enough for mine.

Someone posted about litter odors.  My question is are you sure the odor is
coming from the litter?  I had that problem and discovered it came from water
from the water bottle dripping into the grooved part of my Midwest cage and
mixing with dry food that had collected and 'yuck'.  One lesson learned real
quick.

Someone posted about their ferret's annoying 'cigarette habit'.  Nilla has
a yen for a dirty ashtray, too.  Then again Nilla loves soap, too.  Beau
could care less.  The only way to solve that problem is to take the
temptation of their way.

Dee
Beau & Nilla
(We're all anxiously awaiting GLFA's Ferret Renaissance '98.  Nilla's going
to show & Beau's going to play games.  Dee's going to work)