From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 00:10:17 +0000
Ok, I give up.  Even though finances don't allow me to operate as a full
blown shelter I will remain open as a shelter (nursing home/hospic) for
handicapped, and elderly ferrets.  I will also take in ferrets that are
faced with being sent to the pound, and hold them until Northcoast Ferret
Shelter, or Laurie Long can take them.

My senior, Bonnie, who came from Northcoast Ferret Shelter, as a temporary
foster, and turned in to permanently mine, took first place in the senior
ring.  (After she won, I realized to my own horror that she won the ring I
sponsored.  When I entered her, I forgot how old she is and thought she'd
be in the regular Championships, not the ring I sponsored)

Peppy, the ferret with the crushed skull, from Linda Iroff, placed seventh
in the handicap ring, and tenth in the shelter ring.  Not bad for a boy who
walks like he is on a perpetual drunk.  He doesn't weasel war dance, he
break dances.

Peppy did take first place in the bowling pin knock down.  Pins were place
in a circle, the ferret placed in the middle.  Peppy knocked down 6 or 7
pins to the crowd's pleasure, they cheered, clapped and whistled.  In other
words, they scared the crap out of him, in a panic, he bounced, fell and
tumbled knocking down a total of 35 pins.  I felt bad because he was scared,
but couldn't help but laugh.

The show was great fun, and I adopted out three ferrets.  Rosie and Ferra
are a pair I adopted to a couple from Ky.  that are on the FML.  (How are
my babies?) (I mean your babies)

Hugs and kisses to all the fur angles.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited, Nursing Home for Ferrets <g>