From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 12:45:11 -0400
Bob, yes sometimes when 'Choppie's peripheral circulation is kicking up too
badly with her cardiomyopathy we deal with messes, too.  In her case it's
from losing her balance if her legs swell up.  (Massage and meds help.)
Anyway, a while back I started using VO FINE (by VO5) shampoo because I have
lanky hair as folks will recall from Florida and I have found something
special about this shampoo -- not only does it actually make my hair look
thicker but it keeps things from sticking to it (including other hair:
"Look, no knots!", a first for me), so I tried just gently soaking 'Chopper
in it when she gets fouled and the feces comes off very easily (MUCH more
so than with other options).  We moisturize her a lot now, too, because of
this and find that rubbing a bit of Moisturel Cream between our hands and
then rubbing her down does the trick marvelously and eliminates itches for
her.  As you know we've tried lots of things through the years and this
works well enough that it's worth others trying incase they have our levels
of success.

Oh, and, no, I don't work for either of these companies.