From:
Jim Overly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:07:20 -0500
One of our Ferrets has what I would call a rat tail.  He has lost the
majority of his hair on his tail.  Not at the base of the tail, but just
the tail itself.  He also has what appears to be black heads on his tail.
Our other Ferret went through the teenage Ferret acne stage without
problems in about 3 months.

We haven't been too concerned about it as I have read in several places this
is fairly common in some ferrets, but I was hoping this would have cleared
up by now.  This developed last fall during his normal shedding and shows no
signs of clearing up.  They get their normal bath every 3 - 4 weeks and the
cage is kept extremely clean.

It's not affecting him at all, it just isn't very attractive (poor guy) and
he may be developing a complex about it (have to put him in a Ferret Support
group).  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.