Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 08:49:22 -0700
From:
"Bob F." <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, my name is Sandy and I have volunteered at the Frisky Ferret Shelter,
in N. Reading, MA.  Right now the shelter is closing down and Lorraine
(shelter mom) is not taking in anymore ferrets.  I am very sad about this
but these things happen.  Volunteering at the shelter has been a wonderful
part of my week, I would look forward to every Saturday when I would go
and pick up the laundry go to the laudry-mat and wash all the bedding.  I
actually enjoyed doing this but the best part was when I got back I could
play with all the ferrets.  There were so many and I grew attached to many
of them and was sad to see them go but happy that they finally had a home
of their own and loving parents.

The thing that concerns me now is that there are still 12 ferrets at the
shelter, they all have been there for a long time, because the ferrets that
are left are I guess what you might call "misfits" because most of them nip
or bite and I guess not too many people want to deal with that.  Personally
speaking I adopted a ferret from the Frisky Ferret shelter and she nipped
when I first had her but now she doesn't.  I think once these ferrets are
in a permnent home and are given lots of love and attention this habit will
stop.

I am worried about these ferrets still at the shelter because they are
really good ferrets if only someone would give them a chance, preferrably
ferret knowledgeable parents.  I have a list of all the ferrets and their
personalities.  If anyone in the Massachusetts area is interested you could
e-mail me or call Lorraine at the Frisky Ferret shelter, to find out more
about these extra special shelter ferrets.  Lorraine and I will also be at
the MAFF Halloween Frolic on Sunday Oct. 25 from noon to 4 at the National
Guard Armory in Worcester, MA (check out MAFF web site for directions).  I
would be glad to talk to any one about the ferrets and I will also have the
list of ferrets with me.  Please anyone considering another ferret or two
consider giving these shelter ferrets a new and permanent home, please!

Thanks, Sandy Ferreira
Lowell, MA
[log in to unmask] or call
Frisky Ferret shelter 978-664-5006 ask for Lorraine