Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 11:19:10 -0700
From:
Natalie Binder <[log in to unmask]>
There are few people anyone is willing to call "partner".  The definition
(my own personal) of the word comes to mind: One to whom you are close
emotionally; one to which you feel bound; a best friend, soul mate; a
collaborator; a "singled-out" helper in a problem; one you would choose
over any other.  There are very few people I would call partner.

For animals, be they a ferret, a dog, or a goldfish, I believe the
definition to be somewhat similar, but far more important.  For those lucky
few, they look into each other s eyes and know.  From then it is perceived
as a kind of distant, or perhaps very close, telepathy.  Each know when the
other is feeling happy, or sad, when they need a lick or a nuzzle, a gentile
nip, or just some nice scratching.  Every movement, body language, sound, is
a type of communication.  You can have very detailed conversations without
saying a word.  You and your partner, on a favorite chair, communicate in a
deeper sense then anyone can understand.  For a few brief moments you see
through each other s eyes, move together, think mutual and shared thoughts.

Yes, there are stars burning for our partners, be they in the sky or in
your heart.  Light a candle for your partner tonight, curl up on a nice
chair with a good book, very close to your partner, and have a
heart-to-heart chat.