Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 00:11:58 -0700
From:
Christine Bertch <[log in to unmask]>
Let me tell you about a special part of heaven known as the Rainbow Bridge.
This wonderful place of green meadows and sparkling streams is home to pets
of all sizes, shapes, colors, and species.  We have all come here after
passing away on Earth.

But I would like to tell you about one area near the Rainbow Bridge that is
a little different.  You see, this is where the ferrets come.  Sables and
albinos, blazes and mitts...from the tiniest jills to the biggest hobs...
everyone is happy here.  Soft hammocks hang from the branches of each tiny
tree made just our size.  And if you look very carefully, you might be able
to find a Chewweasel hanging there too... Mazes of tubes take us to paper
bags filled with squeaky toys, or maybe to a soft pile of blankets and sleep
sacks to curl up in with our favorite friends.  Every day there is somewhere
new to explore (something else to tip over) and new friends to meet.  Here
there is no such thing as insulinoma, tumors, or ECE.  We have all been
restored to perfect health and have lots more energy too!  Those of us who
were neglected or abused are safe now, and we never worry about hurting
again.  Those of use who lost our homes are welcomed here.  Days and nights
are spent dooking, hissing, and dancing with each other (and maybe a dog or
cat friend too).  Our favorite part of the day, though, is when we all
gather together at the Ferretone pool--filled just enough for everyone to
lick a few drops...

But on some days, another special event happens.  Every so often, a ferret,
or even a crowd of ferrets, will know that it is their turn to go through
the golden tube.  When we see them turn to go, we all begin war dancing with
joy, for we know what is going to happen.  Tails puff and hearts pound as
they race through to the light at the end of the tube...and when they
emerge, YOU are waiting for them!  They jump into your outstretched arms and
shower you with kisses.

And this time, they're ready to be cuddled for a long, long time.

--For everyone who has lost a ferret friend, and to those ferrets who never
found homes, this place is for you too