From:
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:42:05 -0700
>From:    Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ANGORAS (AGGRESSIVE?????)
>The difference between "AGGRESSIVE" and "ASSERTIVE" is that aggressive
>means "hostile: combative".  Whereas, assertive refers to the expression
>of oneself "boldly or forcefully".  "AGRESSIVE" is very negative.

This is a pretty good distinction.  And a good way to describe it.  Most
"bitey" ferrets are more "strongly saying something" than actually trying
"to do harm".

As far as size, our Swedes are the largest, them our Americans then our
English.  Well then more Americans.

>From:    Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Long haired ferrets
>When did she come to America and did she come directly from Sweden?  To
>me, this sounds like the batch which came from Denmark (if they had been
>in Sweden or not, before that, I cannot know for certain).

As far as I know, the Danish ferrets were really Danish and not Swedish.
There seem to be more different ranches involved these days.  And
unfortunately those breeders that can manage to export numbers large enough
to warrant the advertising are ranches so they aren't much different than
Marshall or Path Valley.  Hadn't heard about the ferrets in question but
they might very well have been the Danes.  I do remember very clearly that
when it was Tommy and Lars (and yes I know STIF wasn't fond of Tommy) they
did seek out the best advice they could on properly spaying and neutering.
Many phone calls and emails were made and sent.

Urban, seen any of those of American descent that made it over there?  We
do intend to get over to England and Sweden as soon as we can to see
ferrets 'IN' Europe.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/