From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:29:36 -0400
Hello Ferreteers:
It's time to seriously start thinking about the ferret show and fun fest,
just nine months away, near Reading, Pennsylvania for the benefit of the
WarmFuzzy Ferret Rescue.  There will be 14 show rings for albino, blaze,
chocolate, cinnamon, dew, mitt (two rings), mutt, panda, sable (two rings)
siamese and silver (two rings).  Points will not be awarded but experienced
ferret owners are encouraged to participate to show us what a championship
ferret really looks like.  The ribbons are awesome!

Fun events include most yawns, most kisses (my Burt is a world class kisser
so be prepared; also, cheating with raisin flavored lipstick will be
frowned upon), paper bag escape, best dressed, tube race, Hot Wheel push
race, can tipping, best trick, best decorated cage, bobbing for ice,
stockings (none of my fuzzies will get a ribbon for this one, I tried at
one of our meetings), heaviest and lightest in both male and female,
longest whisker, longest and shortest tail, and un-potting the flower.

We are requesting donations to our Chinese Auction, $50.00 sponsorship of
each show ring, $20.00 sponsorship of each fun event as well as ad space in
our catalogue from $10.00 to $75.00.

All vendors are welcome and encouraged to attend.  Proof of Distemper
Vaccination must accompany all ferrets.

Since this fest is to promote ferrets as companion animals as well as to
benefit the shelter, only healthy ferrets will be permitted entry to the
building.  We want to do our best to make sure that all fuzzies that are
attending evidence the care and treatment they deserve.  We have also heard
of situations where animals are left to suffer in parked cars in parking
lots.  Animal Control will be patrolling the grounds to make sure that all
animals are treated appropriately.

At this point, I would request people or organizations to e-mail me if
interested in sponsoring a show ring, fun fest event, placing an add or
contributing to the auction.  All vendors interested in space should also
contact me.  We will send much more detailed [packets with all the rules,
regulations, maps, ferret friendly hotels, and the like, in due course.

Pre-registration to show your ferret will be required but that won't happen
until much later.  If we get enough FML'ers to attend, perhaps we can even
have an unofficial 11th anniversary party for those of us who could not
make it to Florida last summer.