From:
dfrazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:15:44 -0400
Hi everyone..  I need information for my vet..  He can't find Drenamin in
his PDR and has no clue what it is..  He is happy to order it in and put
these new fuzzies on it but wants to know what it is..  what it does and
who makes it if possible so he can order it..

OH.. and he needs the dosage used for ferrets..

I have yet to lose a fuzzy to adrenal disease and some are now 3 yrs from
diagnosis ..  this drug looks like a viable alternative for ferrets that do
not respond well to pred. and I have gotten in two who got overdosed over
time and are having bad side effects that will just get worse.

I have been following some of the Drenamin discussion but am embarrassed to
admit I have been so busy with both new fuzzies comeing in and fuzzies
being placed I have not been able to take decent notes in weeks!  I am
sorry to bug everyone on this.  but if there is one little chance these
kids will be responsive to this I want to get them started.  I have started
weaning them off the huge doses of pred they were on already.  but had no
real direction to go..  now I do.

Please help me give them another shot at life.  One was just four and is
not 6 plus years old..  I would prefer her to be over 10 when she needs to
call it quits and cross to the Bridge.  She gets me up for 'betcha can't
catch me' under the covers every morning at dawn..  and I fully intend to
fight for my little furry alarm clock right down to the wire!  :) The other
has not even had a life yet..  and I am determined to give him one even at
this late age [five and quarter yrs.] and this is about the only shot they
have..

thanks everyone..

dayna and the woozles

[Moderator's note: Drenamin is sold as a dietary supplement as far as I can
tell.  In other words, it's not a prescription drug, which is either good
or bad I suppose, depending on your point of view.  One reference I found
on the web (from 1997) stated it was "made by Standard Process Inc. in
Palmyra WI... [and] is sold to chiropractors and nutritionists for resale
to patients and clients."

Standard Process does indeed exist: phone number (414) 495-2122.   BIG]