From:
Gary & Judy Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 13:27:23 -0400
Well, this is a Very good topic to get rolling on.  It will help allot of
Ferret Folk that are new to the Ferret World, and the Ones who seek to find
a Better Ferret vet.  I want to Praise Sam for the Lead of this Topic.  Now

Sam made Very important Points of her Vet.  A good vet should ALWAYS look
and Listen to a ferret Knowledge Owner.  The more they want to Learn of
Ferrets, the Better Vet you will have.  We have had some terrifying
Experiences with vets and Wish they were willing.  The Last Vet we had in
Florida did adrenal Surgery on Rascal, and this was his 1st time doing
it,BUT When he did the Surgery he was on the Speaker Phone with another
Ferret Vet from the University of Tenn, and the U of T Vet was walking him
through the surgery.

Our Present Vet has allot to Learn here in NC now.  BUT, He is willing to
learn.  After he had done all he Could with Sammy, he was very touched and
told Judy that he wanted to Learn all about Ferrets.  Judy has been getting
Vet med Books and Information from TLE and other sources, and even Ordered
the Ferrets,Rabbits and Rodents Book for the Vet.  He Stated that he wants
to get More information, and be a top Ferret Vet in NC.  Judy has Acquired
a Very Good Relationship with the Office and Vet, now that they love to see
us come in.

Our Vet is,

DR Marc T. Schoenfield
Caldwell Animal Hospital
Hwy 321
Hudson,NC 28638
(828) 728-6100

I would have to consider him the Best Vet in Western NC., for his
willingness to Learn about Ferrets.

Thanks,
Gary

Ferret World Internet Club
http://users.twave.net/ferrethut/index.html

Western Carolina Ferret Shelter/Rescue & Club
http://users.twave.net/ferrethut/default.html

email; [log in to unmask]
Gary Skinner
158 Cloverdale St