From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 23:44:05 -0700
We'll go ahead and weigh in on the vet thing.  We have had to deal with
a couple vets we wern't pleased with BUT on the whole we value our
friendships with vets far more than any other group in ferrets.  Dr
Kawasaki, Dr Weiss, Dr Williams, Dr Slack, Dr Wardell and Dr Brown that we
know personally.  Dr Dutton and Dr Kemmerer that we only know through the
list.  Okay there are a couple other vets/vet students we haven't chatted
with here now.  We look forward to becoming your friends as well.  We
admire vets as much as any other group of people you could name.  More work
than human doctors but a fraction of the pay.  More griping form clients
(well owners of clients I guess).  They have to deal with folks that seem
to think they know more than the vet to the point of insisting on being in
on th treatment when its in appropriate.  (When you get in real good you
get invited, you should never insist.) Vets have it rough.  We love them.

Sure hope I didn't snub any vet friend of ours accidentally...

>From:    Purple Cow <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets too fragile?
>Is that really the case or is it that people don't bother to write in all
>the time to say that their pet is healthy?  Also, with all this talk of
>veterinary costs it makes me wonder just how much it would cost to care for
>a ferret.  My husband and I are the typical "young couple just starting
>out" so I don't want us to end up buying a pet that we can't afford to
>properly care for.

Okay I've never bothered with being "politically correct" in the ferret
world.

Ferrets are rather robust.  We have very few vet bills outside of
rabies vaccinations.

Their food is expensive but they eat less than dogs or cats.

They only get expensive when they turn into an obsession.

>From:    Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: cartoon ferret - is it?
>Well, the strip itself isn't uproariously funny even on the best of days,
>but the thought of travelling on an airplane with a loose ferret running
>around is hair-raising, to say the least!

Diane is a legal secretary.  Her boss was on a plane to Peurto Rico when
that did happen.  Because ferrets are illegal in PR the owner was a bit
reluctant to fess up.  Her boss tried to keep a straight face thinking
about us and our ferrets.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/