From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:22:01 -0500
One of my ferrets, Gizmo (5 1/2 year old male), has been experiencing skin
irritation on the back of his neck mostly.  I looked at his skin on the
rest of his body and noticed that it has taken on an orangish appearance.
He doesn't seem to scratch at his body too much, but I was concerned about
the orangish color.  Has anyone experienced this with their ferrets?  A
vet.  (not really ferret knowledgeable) told me to give him .2cc of baytril
2X a day for 5 days.  She said that it would help his skin out a bit.  I
will be bringing him to a ferret knowledgeable vet.  Sunday, but I wanted
to see if anyone else knew anything about it.

Thanks,

Melanie and the gang (Giz, Normie, and Moe)