From:
daphne reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:13:54 PDT
In follow up to the letter I wrote asking if anyone had experienced a
ferret with strange bruising or rashes on their body.  I talked with our
vet and she thinks it could be a delayed reaction to an antibiotic that
Grunten took last month.  The medicine was cefadroxil for a urinary
infection and he was taking .5ml (I think, I don't still have the med.)
until the first of August.  Has anyone elses kids had a delayed reaction
to medicines?

A couple of other things I considered were that we just got a new 3 story
cage and hes not used to the climbing yet, so he may have bruised himself
in there.  The bruising is under his armpits a bit, a few faint ones on his
tummy and back of his tail.  I also checked him and the others for fleas
and stuff because of the small scabbed sores, but we were flea free!!!

The vet just wants me to keep an eye on him and watch for any changes, she
didn't seem concerned, so hopefully I'm just your usual panicky ferret mom.
Still If anyone can shed anymore light on this, or offer any suggestions,
we all appreciate it.

thanks again,
Daphne the tired worried mom.
Grunten( I just like being babied, hopefully I'll get some more duck
         soup like last month) hehe
Minx ( Mom, don't buy it, he's hurting himself on purpose to get treats
       and I'm the one who should be getting them all)
Bandi( If he keeps this up I'll really show him what bruises really
       are...he's such a big baby!)
Grunten ( Yep thats it... I'm the baby!)