From:
Yaniv Rottenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 01:42:23 +0300
Wow!!! what a change.

We brought him home and put him in a very nice cozy cage, with plenty of
food , fresh water and toys.

We gave him lots of ferretone to lick of our fingers (through the cage bars)
in order to let him associate human smell with good things.

Today we woke up and gave him some more ferretone off our fingers
and...........we can actually handle him, carry him in our hands and he
almost wont bite :-)

Once in a while he'll place his teeth on us and start biting but its not
those nasty cobra strikes any more.  :-) AND ALL THAT ONLY IN 24 HOURS!

This is very very satisfying to know he was just panicked with humans but
quickly understood we want only the best for him.

BTW, we named him Polo.

I guess that incident turned us into the First Israeli Ferret Shelter
(F.I.F.S) LOL!

more update will come soon.
Sig & Yaniv Rottenber
Tel-Aviv, Israel