From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:17:35 EDT
First off, thanks to everyone who sent cards and letters and small gifts to
my son while he was at camp!  He was called the "mailman" by the other kids
becuase he got so much mail!  But it really worked, he had no homesickness
this year!  He actually asked to stay for a third week when we went to
pick him up!  He really loved all of the ferret themed items and notes!
Regretfully I had to give him the sad news when I got him home that his
ferret had died while he was at camp.  (It's been a rough time here over
the past week or so, had to have two ferrets put down due to seizures and a
third is fighting renal failure) He was allowed to choose any shelter ferret
to keep as his new ferret, so that made it a little easier.  Anyhow thanks
again to all of you wonderful FML'ers who took time out of your busy lives
to make a boy very happy!

The other thing is that the Fuzztek Shelter have a pair of young, healthy
ferrets for adoption.  All are current on distemper shots and MF ferrets.
They are two girls who are 15 and 17 weeks old, and nutty as all get out!  I
would prefer that they go together, as they have been together for a couple
of months now.  One is a black sable, the other a sable with a bib and knee
patches.  Both are fairly petite, pan trained (almost 100% even out of the
cage!) and sweet natured (ie no biting).  They eat TF, love Cheweasels and
don't eat cloth or other bedding.

-Anne

Don't buy a pet store ferret!  Adopt from a shelter!