From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 11:35:25 -0700
>From:    "K. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: a domesticated wild ferret?!? NO WAY!
>Hello FML land!  I was talking the other day to my brother that lives in
>NC, He was saying how he sees WILD ferrrets in his yard ALL the time!
>Could this be?

No.  There are quite a few weasel species in the US.  Some are found in
North Carolina.  I'd bet that he could get at least us and Bob Chruch to
come visit and check this out personally.  It would be the only place in
the US with wild ferrets.

>From:    Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: correction
>If you're really concerned about ethics and honesty, you might want to talk
>to Pat Wright, or Bob Jacobs, or any of the hundreds of others who have had
>their ferrets taken from them and killed by ugly little sickies.  They can
>tell you all about ethics and honesty.

It is through losses that gains can be made.  Bob Jacobs did not lie or
steal.  He and his ferret are now noted in the history of ferret progress.
Pat Wright practiced a form of civil disobedience.  His loss will help
others.

But the progress made in ferrets with regards to rabies recommendatino
came with honest and ethical efforts in studying ferrets and rabies.  We
didn't lie to get where we have.  (Thats the big we of ferret owners.)

We in particular will never support efforts riddled with dishonesty or
other ethical weaknesses.  Wish all in the ferret world were as honest.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Ferret Tattoos
>Also, my sister-in-law loves the logo for the AFA.  Who should she contact
>to see if she can get a tattoo of it?

try [log in to unmask] to try to get formal permission.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]