From:
Eunice Keely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 22:29:44 EST
Andrea,
You were inquiring about cats and ferrets.  I have two ferrets and my
daughter just moved back home with two cats.  We have a ball watching Gypsy
my girl ferret chasing the cat and Calvin my boy ferret chasing Gypsy.  It
is odd that Calvin does not chase the cat and Gypsy does not usually chase
Calvin.  They go round and round.  I had to teach the cat to jump up on the
couch to get away.  This cat is not a biter and has been declawed.  He loves
to bat at the ferret heads when they poke out from under the furniture.

Mario the other cat, we usually put in the workroom when the ferrets come
downstairs to visit.  He is kinda ornery and not to be trusted as of yet.
He will bite a person unexpectedly.  I read in a book, that one bad bite on
the head of a ferret can be real bad and I don't really want to find out.
The ferrets live upstairs and the cats live downstairs for now.  I guess it
depends on the personality of the cats.  From what I have read though they
usually get along fine.

Eunice
Calvin (I was here first you guys!)
Gypsy  (Where's that big boy kitty at?)
Mario  (Honest . .  I only growl at my fake mice)
Yoshi  (Help she's chasing me again!)