Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:14:38 EST
Dear FMLers,
I have been concerned about my one ferret Sasha, for a few weeks now.  I am
about to call the vet, but I figured that I would try to contact all of you
for some advice.  About 2 weeks ago Sasha stopped eating her Totally Ferret
diet, but she was still drinking water and acting normally.  I had no other
food or a way to get to the pet store for about 48 hours, so I grabbed some
of the cats' Tender Vittles and Sasha ate all of what I gave her.  Giving
her these vittles were a HUGE mistake.

I started her on a new ferret diet, Marshall's Farms Ferret Food, which
she also ate, but only for 3 days.  So once again I changed her diet to a
lesser quality brand ferret diet, which I am not too thrilled about doing.
She ate the newest food for 3 days without any hesitation, but once again,
stopped eating it.

She is showing no signs of illness because she accepts the cat's Tender
Vittles (those are kind of like a soft version of ferret diet.) along with
water.  I am at wit's end here, I don't know what I should do with her.  I
can't keep buying 5 brands of food each week to please her, although, I
suppose I will until I can get her to eat something.

Now that she hasn't been eating anything for so long, she is starting to
get thin around her hips, which bothers me.  Is there anything I can try to
do to get her to eat something for longer than 3 days?  Also...what could
be making her do this?  I don't know if it is an illness or if she is
playing "ferret mind games," because I recently got a new ferret.

Thanks for your time,
Meghan
Jazzy Ferrets - http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/3808/