Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:24:37 -0600
Kaycie:

Guys who aren't nice to animals are not boyfriend material.  Period.

When I was in high school, the acid test for my boyfriends was how they
reacted to my cats.  If the guy was nice to them (petted them, talked to
them, didn't ignore them), I knew he'd be good to me.  If he was mean to
them or ignored them, I knew he just wasn't the right kind of person for
me to be with.

If someone has animals that are well-cared for, happy, and healthy, it
shows he's loving and responsible.  Anyone who would refuse to let an
animal leave his place (for spite or whatever petty reason) and then didn't
take care of it...ooh!  It makes me mad just thinking about it.

Now, I've decided that anyone I date must absolutely **adore** Dervish,
since she's such a big part of my life.  Besides, anyone who can't deal
with a hyperactive little ball of fun obviously wouldn't be able to deal
with me, either! ;-)

So no, you didn't overreact in the *slightest*!  Your boyfriend sounds
irresponsible and immature and probably not nearly good enough for you.
Kudos to you for putting your animals' best interest first.

Much love and many dooks to you, Smokie, Spanky, and Maggie!

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish ("That last guy was so nice to me!  He let me play
in his shoes!!")