From:
Sue Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:56:58 EDT
There is something wrong with Gidget!  I can't put my finger on it , but I
know there is something wrong.  She is losing weight even tho she eats....
Her eyes are duller, she doesn't run and play...wants to be out for 5
minutes then go to a hidey hole to sleep.  She is always shivering and
likes to be in the vanity with the heat running or behind the dresser by
the heat register..(the house is not cold).  As you see, things are
vague..but as her "mom", I know something is wrong.  Tonight she started
"chewing" with nothing in her mouth as I was holding her....kind of sounded
almost like teeth grinding.  ANY SUGGESTIONS???????  I haven't changed food
or anything.  She hasn't been right since she had the "flu" that we all
had.  Her flu lasted one day and was fixed with 2 doses of kaopectate.  Her
coat is great...nice and thick and full...no bald spots or anything.  Does
any of this ring a bell?  My vet's around here are not very "ferret wise".
Gidget is only about 14 months old.  I sure hope someone can offer some
suggestions.

Thanks,
Sue and  Gidget