From:
Elisa Stamm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:50:31 -0500
Does anyone know anything about diabetes in ferrets.  Our 4yo male with
cardiomyopathy (controlled with meds) and splenomegaly had a urine glucose
"off the scale".  It is assumed to be >400 since that's as high as the
scale went.  Blood work results today should confirm the diagnosis (also
had sugars in his urine).  We are having problems finding Humulin-N
(insulin).  Has anyone else used this in ferrets and if so, how horrible
was it giving 2 shots a day?  ANY advise is welcomed, as our regular vet is
on vacation all week and we are using a vet who came recommended but its
not the same.

Thanks,
Lisa S.