From:
"K. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:20:24 -0700
Hello FML,

I recently read the posts concearning pedialyte.  On the front of the bottle
it says: ORAL ELECTROLYTE MAINTENANCE SOLUTION, Quickly restores FLUID lost
in Diarreah and vomiting, TO PREVENT DEHYDRATION.  IT doesn't say anywhere
on this bottle that it is a replacement for food.  If someones ferret died
due to not fully reading the label, I don't feel it was the vets fault.  I'm
sorry this happened.  People need to carefully read all labels ALWAYS before
feeding anything to your children/animals.  Doctors can be very absent
minded, I myself have caught a few drug interactions they've failed to warn
me about.  As far as I know pedialyte has no drug interactions.  But right
on the front it lists what I've already said.

My condolences, Kathy