From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:14:58 -0500
Hi EVeryone,

Wanted to thank all for all the nice email.  One of these days I will get
to it, forgive the delay.  I was incredibly sick last week, and am way
behind in schoolwork as a result.

Just a quick note, if you get email from women claiming to be my friends
and then quoting stuff I say, or telling about my health, I wouldn't
believe them.  Apparently I have friends that I don't count as such.  Let
me just say not one of my actual, real honest to goodness friends ever do
such a thing.

The house is getting a good perfuming as William and Harry, the visiting
poley hobblets, are starting to poof.  They are very sweet boys, very
muscular, and possibly looking for a home.  I am trying desperately not to
fall in love with them.  But Harry wants me to pick him up all the time,
and both follow me around.

Everyone else is doing fine.  Pookie is spending the days barking at
everyone, including me.  And she has decided sleeping with Ma is a good
place to be.  If you can imagine a human and ferret spooning, then you have
it.  She sleeps on a big pillow I keep at my side.  (OK, so I am single
ok?)

I am slowly but surely tackling algebra.  I haven't had it in over 20 years
and trying to remember all the little gimmicks is getting hard.  And never
mind I am using a calculator that has more memory than my first computer
had!

Just really wanted to give everyone a quick update.  May end up being quiet
for some time yet, due to school.  Algebra is a 5 day a week affair and is
giving me a very hard time.  I have to have this class if I decide to stay
in college, so I am going to sweat it out.  As a result, I am letting alot
of other things go, including ferret stuff for now.  Just don't have the
time right now.

Otherwise all the ferrets in Mid Mo are doing ok.  Still ruling the house
and somewhere they have my checkbook.  I am wondering if I am going to
receive a big shipment from the ferret store any day, as they have had the
checkbook for over two weeks now.  Miss Stella is way too good on the
pooter for MY good.

give all the ferts hugs from their Auntie Maggie for me.  And lots of
raisins.

hugs,

Margaret