From:
Donna Carillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 07:45:21 -0500
Hi all,

Its been a while since I have acutally written; however, I thought I would
inform you all of some positive information.

I recently found 2 stray kittens that I am currently looking for a good
home for them.  Consequently, when I brought them to the vet for their
shots I had them tested for feline luekemia.....low and behold it came back
positive.  My vet had suggested I put them down but I could not do that ,
so home I took them and decided to separate them from my 4 others and
figure out how I was going to approach finding these + kids a home.

This is the good news.

As decided to look up FeLV on the internet I signed on to a mailing list
similar to our ferret one.  As I began telling my story somewhere I had
mentioned that I had a ferret and a few of the people up north wrote me
back telling me that they had heard the story of KoKo.  It made them so
curoius that they wanted to learn more about ferrets and in doing so 2 of
them are now proud owners.  They were telling me that with all that went on
with KoKo that people have started to become educated on ferrets in that
area since it sparked their interest.

As I thought this was a positive outcome from KoKo and since I have found
this other mailing list of obviously caring individuals such as ourselves...
maybe in time we can/will educate the world to see that our ferret babies
are really good funloving furballs.

P.S. If anyone knows of anyone interested in 2 black and white sisters 12
wks old,FeLV+ in the Atlanta or surrounding area,please advise.  They can
be in a home with other FeLV+ cats or a home with no other cats(any other
animal can not catch this virus),they get along with dogs... but they must
be indoors cats all the time due to their immune sysytems.  I must find
these babies a home...

Donna C