From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 10:24:32 +0000
Hello All,

With all that has been going on here, I had neglected to post about Phoenix.

Phoenix crossed the Rainbow Bridge on July 12.  He had the "mystery virus"
and couldn't fight it.  Even with sub q fluids, force feedings every two
hours, a ton of medication, and several emergency visits to the vet.

Again I would like to thank everyone who called animal control, or wrote
them letters encouraging them to release Phoenix to the shelter.  The time
he spent here he was spoiled, pampered, and fed the best you can.  He had
friends to play with, and tubes to run in, and even had "free roam" time.

It has the same symptoms of ECE, and according to Dr. Williams it is not
ECE, but "displays similar characteristics of ECE and may be indicative of
ECE".  In my small mind it interprets to it is a virus, possibly a strong
mutation.

Sigh, I am going to miss his little black nose, and trying to keep him from
stealing every roll of toilet paper and paper towels in the house.  (It is
really embarrassing when you have to dig under furniture to find toilet
paper for someone who stops to visit.)

The other ferrets here have survived the virus or not broken with it at all,
and currently I still have some very lovable fur angles available.  Later I
will post a brief bio on them.

Even though the shelter is closed, I will be fostering for Northcoast Ferret
Shelter.  And stay involved with educating, and helping people with problems
they have with the fur angles.

Dooks to all.

Jean