Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 01:51:04 -0600
From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Hello FML ;o)

We wish to start this on a more positive note, wit Ferris sayin dooks!

And with the niceties aside . . .

Apart from stating here that once again, (and still batting 1000!) we found
Mr Lipinski's post offensive, even the MOST experienced ferret breeder,
unless somehow perhaps related to Kreskin as well, can hardly "speak" in
regards to the "psychological" experiences within a ferret's sexual life.
I wonder Mr. Lipinski, you asked for "proof" regards what you were
responding to in another's post, I would ask you for the same, do you have
ANY proof this IS what female ferrets, ANY ferret "thinks"?!  If not I ask
you to appoligize, and admit your error, just as you have.

As concerns the "proof" you had asked the poster for regards statements
concerning unspayed females "bleeding", or more technically it's termed
"hemorrhaging", at least one "true ferret expert", appears to disagree with
your view of it being "impossible", and it rather appears instead agrees
with the poster you try to undermine and malign.  Below you will find an
excerp from Dr Bruce Williams "pathology page", the reproductive system
section, DO NOTE that no where in it does he recommend utilizing
"vasectomized hobs" as suitable solution to prevention of this ailment.

Estrus-associated Aplastic Anemia
Synopsis: Ferrets are induced ovulators intact females remain in estrus
until mated, spayed, or are cycled out by injections of human chorionic
gonadotropin.  50% of unmated jills will develop marked bone marrow
suppression as a result of high levels of circulating estrogens.  All
three bone marrow cell lines are affected - erythrocytes, leukocytes,
and megakaryocytes.  Initially, there is a mild thrombocytosis and
leukocytosis, but the condition soon progresses to a non-regenerative
anemia, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia.  The anemia may remain
non-regenerative anemia up to 4 months past ovariohysterectomy in affected
animals.  In addition to thrombocytopenia, a liver-associated clotting
abnormality may also be present.  Hemorrhage is reported to be the most
common cause of death.

Gross lesions: Female ferrets in estrus have prominently swollen vulvas.
Signs of hyperestrogenism <snip> hemorrhages throughout the body,
hematuria, pyometra, bronchopneumonia, and vaginitis.

Microscopic lesions: The most characteristic lesion in affected jills is
hypocellularity of the bone marrow.  <snip> There is also no evidence of
splenic hematopoiesis; small amounts of EMH may be seen in the liver.
There may be evidence of hemorrhage (hemosiderin-laden macrophages,
erythrophagocytosis) in lymph nodes and the spleen.  <snip>

Gee mr.  Lipinski, no where can I find a reference in here to a "peaceful
comatose like sleep" as you state the resulting death to be!  BUT even more
amazing to me, is the fact that you first state how "efficient" you are at
"handling" your "unspay" females utilizing your vasectomized hob solution,
and yet if this is true, How is it you have SEEN deaths which resulted from
aplastic anemia then???  If your solution, is so foolproof as you state,
you should have NO first hand experience with death from this ailment!

Apart from disagreeing with you that it is certainly possible for female
ferrets which are left unspay to "hemorrage" to death, and indeed as is
pointed out by Dr Williams it is in fact THE MOST COMMON cause of death!  I
also disagree with your approach because of other factors which are harmful
to female ferrets utilizing this method, specifically the common occurence
of the ferret experiencing "false pregnancy" as a result, and though hardly
well researched, the possibility of later development of "cancer" of the
mammary glands in ferrets who have experienced false pregnancy.  As well,
and this is "entirely" my own opinion, with NO proof what ever, so don't
bother to ask for it in response, we feel that there is an enormous and
detrimental emotional stress experienced by female ferrets in instances of
false pregnancy as well, and in the one instance we ourselves had sadly had
to encounter due to "someone else" utilizing this same "vasectomized hob"
method you extol, the little girl, who had been a happy, friendly, well
adjusted ferret, experienced some severe behavioral changes after going
through her false pregnancy, including an aversion to being with other
ferrets, severe biting, gorging food, and a tendancy to scream in her
sleep!

At any rate, according to Dr Williams material above, I think ya had jus
better tie on yer bib there ED, the CROW is pretty much well done now!

Ferris "How comes some folks jus talks ta been heard mom?!"

and his mom
Deba Brezden