Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:41:35 -0800
From:
alia granda <[log in to unmask]>
Here's my  $.03 (oooh, big money) on the whole vet issue.

In my town the only way in or out is to fly, or take a ferry.  No driving,
no walking, no horse back riding, and no dog sledding.  This is it, we're
here, we make do with the stuff we have in town.

In this quaint little town there are 2 vets, a somewhat newer clinic, and
one that has been here for years.  The newer clinic is your typical vet
office with typical hours, staff, and prices.  We took Donnie there when
he was sick, and the other three for check ups.  And yes they charged us
mucho, mucho, but that's not the point of my tail...tale, today.

The other vet, the one who's been here forever is more of a laid back kinda
guy.  His office is a row of kennels and an exam room.  He's kind of like
the town doctor, but for pets-everyone knows him, and he usually won't
charge for check up type stuff and shots, little stuff like that.  So,
those are the choices we have here.  Most people who have lived here awhile
go to the "town vet," except he's often out fishing so it's not always easy
to get a hold of him when you need to.  So yes, I must say that if given
the choice I probably would go to the older vet, instead of paying the
basic prices at the new clinic.  That would be the end of my story and
everyone could sleep better tonight knowing about my town, except there's
the catch.  (Isn't there always?)

My husband is one of the "rookie" police officers here in town.  He just
got radar certified, which means he's one of the officers sitting along the
road just waiting to catch us in one of those "speed traps." (I know, one
of those officers we all want to avoid on the road!) Well wouldn't cha know
it, who did he pull over last night?  Yep, the town vet!  Gave him a ticket
and everything before he realized who it was.  He didn't guess who it was
until he got back to the department and was asked why he pulled over the
vet?!  Now what are we to do?  Take the boys to the new/expensive clinic?
Or to the vet that has it out for my hubby?!

This is just a little brain scratcher for those of you who forget what a
luxury it is to be able to choose from different services, and who are able
to drive your little fuzzballs whereever it is you think they need to go.
Just appreciate the fact that you have the choice, and that you have vets
who know about ferrets.  We're still teaching these vets about them,
sometimes I think I know a lot more about my stinks than they do since they
haven't treated very many of them in town.

Thanks for your time, at the least I hope it was a break from all the
negativity and sadness we've been experiencing here on the FML.

Love, Lia, and all my little pooh bears.

The most beautiful thing in the world is my daughter's smile :)