Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1992 07:20:11 -0500
Last week, we got the first snow for this autumn. It was gone in
a day, so I hadn't time to check if my ferrets liked it or not.
Day before yesterday, it started snowing again, and the snow is
still there. So yesterday morning, I took both of them out.
Alison only wanted in, but Natasha looked like she was in her
right element. She pushes her nose into the snow, and uses it as
a plough, then look up, shakes a little to free herself of the
snow, then runs on. That was just a quick trial, but clearly she
wasn't bothered by the cold, as she happily jumped in the icy
pool from the runoff from the roof. During today's traditional
Saturday morning walk, she seemed like she could've stayed out
forever.

It's a good thing I've got flexi leads of different colours, as
distangle a grey against a snow background isn't very practical;
neither is a dark blue at night. Problem is: What to do when you
take them both out at the same time, as the leads should't have
the same colours. (Another problem is, with two 5 m flexi leads,
you need a 11 m wide clear path. :)

Tonight I learned why Alison usually is hard to wake in the
mornings -- obviously she's awake at nights. Around 0100, I woke
because I heard someone playing with squeling toys under the
bench next to my bed. That's OK, but after 10 minutes or so, I
though "but that sounds like teeth agains latex", which shouldn't
be, as I have put all their toys in old socks. Apparently, a
determined effort can tear holes in them, and out comes the toys.
I just took them from her, as there is some limits to what sort
of work I do in the middle of the night, but I had to keep her
company half an hour anyway before going to bed. _That_ sort of
work I perform anytime.
--
 Urban Fredriksson   [log in to unmask]  ([log in to unmask])
 Stockholm, Sweden