From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:53:25 EDT
Just as an afterthought to Leigh's post, there is such a thing as ferret
dialysis.   Animal Medical Center in New York City offers it, and I would
imagine that some of the largest clinics in other major metropolitan areas
would as well.  I also believe that University of PA's vet school in Philly
offers it.  I called AMC to inquire about the cost for one of my ferrets who
was in renal failure, they wouldn't even talk about it over the phone, and
told me that I would need a complete workup (cost would be over $500) before
they could even talk about doing dialysis.  They couldn't even make an
appointment for several days, during which time my little guy crossed the
bridge.

-Anne
Searching for Alicia L. (Riley) Westphal, last known Monterey, CA area
(Seaside/Pacific Grove).  Born 1960/1961.  Married William in 1980, 2
children in mid 80's?  Siblings Rhonda & Christopher, father Nathan, Army,
retired(?), mother Arlene(?) of Iowa.