From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 12:11:12 -0400
We got some good news today since the final desicions have now been made.
Tim McNally and Hackensack just have to sign some final papers but then
Hackensack will modify the city rules and officially allow residents to
have pet ferrets; that will happen later this month.  Here's some more good
news: the lawyer and law clerk involved (who are keeping the documentation
handy in case any other cases like this come up in N.J.  DONATED THEIR
WORK.  Tim will personally absorb the cost for what he did, and those of us
who provided documents are doing the same.  Something funny happened during
all this.  A city official had trouble understanding me during a
conversation because of my asthma impairing my speech and thought I was
with Fish, Game and Wildlife.  Now, we've got a very good dept.  on that
score so that's a compliment but talk about confusion!!!!  That's all
straightened out, too, now.