From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 19:37:36 EDT
I've been doing ceramics almost as long as I've had cats,and we're not
saying how long that is.How about a long,long time ago in a kiln far,far
away.Oops,wrong movie.There is a quick and easy way to tell if a piece is
safe to use,as long as it's only glaze on the inside and not paint,so avoid
dishes with decoration on the inside.Unless you can see that it's been
glazed over.Fill the dish with water and let it stand.If you see any
darkening or discoloration,the glaze wasn't thick enough.They usually appear
as little spots.I check all my coffee mugs this way,as well as ferret
dishes.This will tell you if the liquid is getting to the clay,as the clay
darkens when wet.Had to throw out a few,but was better than lead poisoning.
Avoid dark colors.

I agree with the other folks,let the cat in.He'll live a longer and happier
life inside,and they don't miss the outside.I've brought many outsiders
inside,and they would rather be with a loving home than outside any day.Most
cats do well with ferrets.The ferrets always run the show,but the cats get
some back with bop the ferret games,or jump on that lump under the rug.It
can be better than a comedy cafe.Love them fuzzies.

  Sandy & the Fuzzinators